Big Sky, Short Prose: A CutBank Flash Prose Exclusive
CutBank Literary Magazine is now seeking interesting, compelling fiction and nonfiction prose - in 750 words or fewer. Lyric essays, prose poems, short essays, vignettes - send us your best, most dazzling short form prose. Please feel free to include original photography or art.
Big Sky, Little Prose will be judged by David Gates, author of A Hand Reached Down to Guide Me (2015), The Wonders of the Invisible World (1999), Preston Falls (1998), and Jernigan (1991). Gates also teaches at the University of Montana and the Bennington Writing Seminars.
Contest Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions will be accepted through the Submittable submission manager. Print or email submissions will not be considered. Please include a brief cover letter, biography and contact information in the form provided - please do not include identifying information in the body of your submission.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Simultaneous submissions are certainly welcome; however, please withdraw your CutBank submission immediately via Submittable if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions should be double spaced, no more than 750 words.
- Submission fee of $5 includes consideration for CutBank's $500 flash prose prize and publication in CutBank 84. Two runners-up will be awarded $50 and publication in CutBank 84. All other submissions will be considered with submissions for the print edition of CutBank Literary Magazine. Submissions including photography or art will be considered for the CutBank 84 center spread.
- We will accept submissions for Big Sky, Small Prose between August 10 and September 1, 2015.