This week, a small offering of embers to chase:
- As Austin Kleon’s Twitter bio states: “Newsletters are the new Twitter.” Go sign up for his weekly dose of coolness at https://austinkleon.com/newsletter/
- Visit http://www.narrativemagazine.com/ -- yeah, right now's fine.
From their About page:
Narrative is dedicated to advancing literature in the digital age by supporting the finest writing talent and encouraging reading, as the gateway to understanding, across generations, in schools, and around the globe. Our digital library of new literature by celebrated authors and by the best new and emerging writers is available for free.
- Not the least bit new, but Annie Dillard is hard to beat. Go listen to her on NPR.
- A fascinating leftover from last week's Halloween Burn Pile, "Tuesday's Child" by Micah Nathan at the Paris Review blog.
- And, in closing, an opposing view from the heart of Julien Baker.
“She closes out the song by singing the word 'rejoice' again and again, right up against the crack in her register, whipping up the crowd into a tent revival of the heart.”